Tom is back from Keynoting at the Le Circle De La Compliance in Paris. After the July 4thcelebrations he and Jay are back with a host of news from the world of compliance and ethics. They are back to discuss some of this week’s top compliance and ethics stories which caught their collective eyes.
- More Walmart. Dylan Tokar on the attorney/client waiver issue which arose during the case and what it may mean for the issue going forward. Dylan Tokar in the WSJ. How and why was the Walmart monitorship issue decided. Clara Hudson in GIR.
- How can subcultures work to poison a corporate culture. Matt Kelly explores in Radical Compliance.
- What is the significance of the TechnipFMC Deferred Prosecution Agreement? Tom takes a deep dive in a 3-part series on the FCPA Compliance and Ethics blog. (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)
- SFO agrees to DPA (subject to court approval) with SERCO. James Thomas in GIR. SFO Press release here.
- France moving towards more DPAs. Dylan Tokar in the WSK Risk and Compliance Journal.
- CFTC awards whistleblowers $2MM. Harry Cassin in the FCPA Blog.
- Why is ‘too good to be true’ still a correct maxim? Jonathan Marks explains in the context of Theranos on his Board and Fraud
- First sitting compliance officer nominated to federal bench. Dick Cassin in the FCPA Blog.
- Under CCPA is the biggest risk privacy or cyber security? Avi Gesser, Matthew Kelly, Will Schidknecht and Clara Kim on NYU’s Compliance and Enforcement blog.
- Have you checked in on Trekkng Through Compliance? If not sample of this week’s exploration of Star Trek-the Original Series and compliance. Check out the following: Monday-Who Mourns for Adonais?; Tuesday-The Changeling; Wednesday-Mirror Mirror; Thursday-The Apple and Compliance; and Friday-The Doomsday Machine. The podcast is available on multiple sites: the FCPA Compliance Report, iTunes, JDSupra, Megaphone,YouTube, Spotifyand Corporate Compliance Insights, Compliance Podcast Networkand now on the C-Suite Radio Network.
For more information on how an independent monitor can help improve your company’s ethics and compliance program, visit our sponsor Affiliated Monitors at www.affiliatedmonitors.com.