The All-Star Game has come and gone and the Astros are halfway back to returning the World Series trophy to Houston. As Tom and Jay look forward to the second half of the baseball season, they are back to discuss some of this week’s top compliance and ethics stories which caught their collective eyes.
- GDPR week. British Airways and Marriott hit with huge proposed fines. Tom and Jonathan explore on Life with GDPR. Kevin LaCroix considers the corporate risk in D&O Diary.
- Why do FCPA resolutions take so long? Matthew Stephenson considers through the lens of the Walmart FCPA enforcement action. In the Global Anti-Corruption Blog.
- What is suspension and debarment? Jay Rosen explains in Part 1 of a five-part series on CCI.
- The FBI is actively investigating in Latin America. Matt Ellis reports in FCPAmericas.
- What finance can learn about compliance from recent corporate scandals. Henry Engler in CCI.
- Deutsche Bank now under scrutiny for its role in 1 MDB scandal. Dylan Toklar continues to nail it in the WSJ.
- What is data maintenance and why is it so critical to compliance? Kelvin Dickenson in CCI.
- CCOs and D&O coverage. Julie DeMauro and Janaya Moscony in the FCPA Blog.
- Caremark is alive and well, at least when it comes to ice cream. Harvard Law School Forum.
- Have you checked in on Trekkng Through Compliance? If not sample of this week’s exploration of Star Trek-the Original Series and compliance. Check out the following: Monday-Metamorphosis; Tuesday-Journey to Babel; Wednesday-Friday’s Child; Thursday-The Deadly Years; and Friday-Obsession. The podcast is available on multiple sites: the FCPA Compliance Report, iTunes, JDSupra, Megaphone,YouTube, Spotify and Corporate Compliance Insights, Compliance Podcast Network and now on the C-Suite Radio Network.
- Tom and Jonathan Marks are joining Sean Freidlin (back from his honeymoon) on a Hanzo webinar on Wednesday, July 17 at 2 PM EDT. We discuss compliance research, trends and key enforcement actions from Q2. The event is free. For more information and registration details, click here.
For more information on how an independent monitor can help improve your company’s ethics and compliance program, visit our sponsor Affiliated Monitors at www.affiliatedmonitors.com.