Richard Lummis and I are back to continue our series of exploring leadership through the study of US Presidents. This episode begins a short series on Gilded Age Presidents, now largely forgotten. In this episode we take up James Garfield.Some of the highlights include:
- James Garfield Educational and Professional Background.
- History as Radical Republican.
- Crédit Mobilier scandal of 1872.
- Nomination and Election of 1880.
- Presidency including the Tariff, Purging the Post Office, Supreme Court Nominations, Proposal for universal education and Assassination.
- Leadership Issues including the importance of strong ethics, a strong believer in education and Goldbug-a man for his times?