Compliance into the Weeds is the only weekly podcast which takes a deep dive into a compliance related topic, literally going into the weeds to more fully explore a subject. In this episode, Matt Kelly and I go into the weeds to explore size of the compliance workforce in secondary markets in the US and how that will impact compliance program enhancements going forward.
Some of the highlights include:
- Do FASB accounting standard changes mandate new skill/talents?
- Why are the new FASB lease accounting standards being delayed?
- Is the role of compliance is to build better systems to govern ourselves around risk management?
- Is the BLS definition of compliance professional still relevant or is it stuck in 1998?
- Why is there such a divergence in secondary markets in the hiring of compliance professionals?
- How would all this play out for compliance professionals in a recession?
For additional reading see Matt’s blog post Scoping the Size of Compliance Workforce on Radical Compliance.