Where does creativity fit into compliance? In more places than you think. Problem-solving, accountability, communication, and connection – they all take creativity. Join Tom Fox and Ronnie Feldman on Creativity and Compliance, part of the Compliance Podcast Network. In this show, we’ll be exploring how creativity affects the world of compliance – the ways we use it, and the surprising impacts it can have on the work we do every day. From ethics to leadership, problem-solving to training – creativity permeates what we do as compliance professionals. In this podcast we have a special quest, Angelique Lee-Rowley, CCO of GW Pharmaceuticals who visits on the use some of the creative programming the company have rolled out this past year.
Some of the highlights include:
- What drew Lee-Rowley to the project?
- What were some of her hesitancies about utilizing a comedic approach?
- It’s not about the funny, it’s about being interesting and provocative
- It’s about being empathetic and on the side of employees
- It’s about being provocative so they don’t just snooze their way through training
- I’m not a fan of scare tactics.
- How has the company utilized the programming thus far?
- Live training
- Paired with other training
- How has the programming been received and how has it helped your compliance efforts?
- What were some of the reactions from the employees?
- What are some of the lessons have you learned?
- Don’t be afraid to try new things
- Don’t be too precious about finding the perfect solution. Engage employees with variety and surprise…keep people on their toes.
60-Second Communication & Awareness Shorts – A variety of short, customizable, quick-hitter “commercials” including songs & jingles, video shorts, newsletter graphics & Gifs, and more. Promote integrity, compliance, the Code, the helpline and the E&C team as helpful advisors and coaches.
Workplace Tonight Show! Micro-learning – a library of 1-10-minute trainings and communications wrapped in the style of a late-night variety show, that explains corporate risk topics and why employees should care.
Custom Live & Digital Programing – We’ll develop programming that fits your culture and balances the seriousness of the subject matter with a more engaging delivery.
See also, Ronnie’s article on CCI, How Corporations Can Use Comedy and Creativity to Enhance Risk Training