Welcome to the only roundtable podcast in compliance. Today, we have a quartet of Jay Rosen, Matt Kelly, Sarah Hadden and Mike Volkov with a potpourri of topics and commentary on current events from the compliance perspective. Rants and shouts outs follow the commentary for this episode.
- Mike Volkov takes a deep dive into the Business Roundtable’s Statement on the Purpose of a Corporation. Volkov shouts out to Stephen Colbert and his humor for helping to get him through the Trump years.
- Jay Rosen considers whether the term Culture Culture Culture has supplanted the phrase Document Docment Document as the 3 most important words in compliance. Rosen shouts out to two recently deceased rockers who came of age in the 70s and 80s; Eddie Money and Ric Ocasek, as they joined that great band in Rock and Roll Heaven. Jay bids them to ‘go with God.’
- Sarah Hadden considers ethics and incentives to drive employee behavior. Hadden shouts out to the LinkedIn group Keep Calm and Compliance On which provides practical and science-backed strategies on how to thrive as a compliance officer.
- Matt Kelly considers the imbroglio around the Intelligence Whistleblower and the Trump Administration stonewalling its mandated review by Congress. He analyzes it in the context of a corporate whistleblower and corporate oversight. Kelly shouts out to the SEC for prosecuting Vantage Drilling for fabricating the existence of a CFO for nearly 3 years on SEC mandated reporting.
- Tom Fox shouts out to Major League Baseball for being the greatest of America’s pastimes for three reasons (1) Yaz tossing the Opening Pitch to his grandson, Mike Yastrzemski on the occasion of his grandson’s first appearance in Fenway Park (albeit as a San Francisco Giant). Mike responded by hitting a home run later in the game; (2) Toronto Second Baseman, Cavan Biggio, son of Hall-of-Famer Craig Biggio, hit for the cycle this week; thereby becoming the first father/son duo to hit for the cycle in MLB history; and (3) the Houston Astros became the 6th team in MLB history to have three consecutive 100 win seasons.
LinkedIn group website, Keep Calm and Compliance On
The members of the Everything Compliance are:
- Jay Rosen– Jay is Vice President, Business Development Corporate Monitoring at Affiliated Monitors. Rosen can be reached at JRosen@affiliatedmonitors.com
- Mike Volkov– One of the top FCPA commentators and practitioners around and the Chief Executive Officer of The Volkov Law Group, LLC. Volkov can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Matt Kelly– Founder and CEO of Radical Compliance. Kelly can be reached at email@example.com
- Jonathan Armstrong–is our UK colleague, who is an experienced lawyer with Cordery in London. Armstrong can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sarah Hadden–Publisher at Corporate Compliance Insights. Hadden can be reached at Sarah@corporatecomplianceinsights.com
The host and producer (and sometime panelist) of Everything Compliance is Tom Fox the Compliance Evangelist. Everything Compliance is a part of the Compliance Podcast Network.