This episode begins on a somber note as Tom and Jay note the passing of Compliance Week reporter Joe Mont and what he meant to the greater compliance community. They then turn to discuss some of this week’s top compliance and ethics stories which caught their collective eyes.
- Tributes to Joe Mont. On Compliance Week. By Tom on the FCPA Compliance and Ethics Blog.
- Mike Volkov takes a deep dive into the recent Business Roundtable Statement on the Purpose of a Corporation on Corruption Crime and Compliance. Part 1, Part 2& Part 3.
- Former Cognizant Technologies COO, Sridhar Thiruvengadam, settles FCPA charges. Dick Cassin in the FCPA Blog.
- Netherlands proposes nationwide AML system. John Rusch reports in Dipping Through Geometries.
- What is an ethical culture and why does it matter? Jay begins a multipart series in CCI.
- What is algomerithic corporate misconduct. Milhailis Diamantis explores on NYU’s Compliance and Enforcement Blog.
- Despite prevaling opinions, CCO is not a ‘god’. Clara Hudson reports on the Odebrecht CCO remarks at SCCE, in GIR.
- Do UK DPAs throw individuals under the bus? Ross Dixon asks in the FCPA Blog.
- Mary Shirely tells you how to ace job interviews, writing in CCI.
- Tom continues his preview of the Converge19 speakers in a special bonus series of podcasts on the Compliance Podcast Network. Check out the following: Monday-Scott McCleskey on mapping the ethical risk in your company; Tuesday-Valerie Towery on cross functional collaboration; Wednesday-Kurt Stitcher on Operation Globalization; Thursday-Matt Kelly on Developing Effective Strategies for Third Parties & Data Security Risk and Friday– Anna Aster on The Future CECO: The Executive Recruiter’s Perspective. The podcast is available on multiple sites: the FCPA Compliance Report, iTunes, JDSupra, Megaphone,YouTube, Spotifyand theCompliance Podcast Network.
- The Everything Compliance gang will be doing its first live podcast at Converge19. You should be there! Listeners to this podcast can obtain a complimentary ticket by using the promotion code foxvip, for registration and information, click here.
For more information on how an independent monitor can help improve your company’s ethics and compliance program, visit our sponsor Affiliated Monitors at www.affiliatedmonitors.com.