In this episode I visit with one of my favorite people, Francine McKenna, a reporter at MarketWatch. We check in on the current developments in the KPMG-PCAOB scandal including recent guilty pleas, sentencing and where the matter might finally be headed.
Some of the highlights include:
- A review of the Indictment and underlying facts.
- A review of the horrendous facts about KPMG that came out during the March trial.
- What does it say about the PCAOB that two of its former Board members were witnesses for the defense in the trial?
- What did all this mean for KPMG head Lynne Doughtie? What does all this mean for audit independence, particularly in the Jay Clayton era at the SEC?
- Where can listeners go for more information?
Francine McKenna on MarketWatch
Re: The Auditors blogsite
Finally please note the Uber-cool logo, designed by Megan Dougherty, from One Stone Creative. Big shout out to Megan and her production team.