Welcome to the Great Women in Compliance Podcast, co-hosted by Lisa Fine and Mary Shirley. In this week’s episode of Great Women in Compliance, they take things in a different direction as Tom Fox interviews Lisa Fine on the role of a compliance professional in the internal reporting process.
Some of the highlights include:
- Why you must establish a culture of trust to enable effective internal reporting.
- It takes courage for an employee to step forward and report unacceptable behavior.
- Why a compliance officer must think strategically when evaluating an internal whistleblower report.
- Always consult with in-house legal.
- Managing expectations both up and down the corporate hierarchy is critical.
- How does the Fair Process Doctrine play into a reporting system?
Join the Great Women in Compliance community on LinkedIn here.