Where does creativity fit into compliance? In more places than you think. Problem-solving, accountability, communication, and connection – they all take creativity. Join Tom Fox and Ronnie Feldman on Creativity and Compliance, part of the Compliance Podcast Network. In this show, we discuss how improvisation can be supportive to ethics and compliance programs by helping internal and external communications and driving a culture of compliance throughout an organization.
Some of the highlights include:
- Improv is not simply comedy. It’s a skill that improvisers use to make comedy on stage. This skill has application to the ethics and compliance professionals, from leadership teams and to all employees.
- You can think of it as Applied Improvisation. Applied Improvisation is “yoga for your communication skills”.
- While we cannot teach you to be funny, Improv techniques can teach you
- How to be better listeners;
- How to increase awareness;
- How to make connections and build rapport and trust;
- How to be more adaptable and agile; and
- How to diffuse emotional situations.
- Improv techniques can help ethics, compliance and legal teams to be less scary and better listeners.
- Improv techniques can be seen as leadership development skills as its reframing conversations and discussions with senior management to help create a system of trust and support.
- Improv techniques can help build a better culture through encouraging respectful disagreement, being more open minded about challenging assumption, assuming positive intent, validating and building bridge to commonality and helping foster active listening.
- The bottom line is the improv techniques can help give employees skills and tools that will help them challenge business decisions respectfully and to encourage them to stop disrespectful behavior when they encounter it.
- Finally, take an improv class! You will love it!
60-Second Communication & Awareness Shorts – A variety of short, customizable, quick-hitter “commercials” including songs & jingles, video shorts, newsletter graphics & Gifs, and more. Promote integrity, compliance, the Code, the helpline and the E&C team as helpful advisors and coaches.
Workplace Tonight Show! Micro-learning – a library of 1-10-minute trainings and communications wrapped in the style of a late-night variety show, that explains corporate risk topics and why employees should care.
Custom Live & Digital Programing – We’ll develop programming that fits your culture and balances the seriousness of the subject matter with a more engaging delivery.