From Vaudeville to the Silver Screen to the Small Screen, the Marx Brothers made an impact wherever people found them. Now Tom Fox and Mike Volkov have wedded their love of the Marx Brothers with their passion for compliance and bring them into the boardroom to help explain and explore the sometimes-chaotic world of governance, risk-management, ethics and compliance. In this episode they discuss the recently announced FCPA enforcement action involving the Swedish telecom company, Ericsson.
Highlights from the podcast include:
- What are the underlying facts?
- Why didn’t the company obtain full credit under the FCPA Corporate Enforcement Policy?
- Was the $1 bn+ fine warranted?
- What are the key takeaways for the white-collar defense practitioner?
- What are the lessons learned for the compliance practitioner?
- Why third-parties continue to be the highest FCPA risk?