In this podcast series, recovering screenwriter (and Mr. Monitor) Jay Rosen and Tom (the Compliance Evangelist) indulge in passion for the movies by looking at them through the lens of compliance. Jay is a contemporary movie fan and I am more of a classic movie maven so we present a well-rounded view of the movie fandom. If you want to indulge in your love for the movies with two guys who are passionate about Hollywood and get some ideas for your compliance program, this is the podcast series for you. In this episode, Jay and I review the final episode in the 9-part Star Wars cycle, The Rise of Skywalker.
Some of the highlights include:
- What are the compliance lessons from the return of Emperor Palpatine?
- What message Jannah and the former storm troopers bring to middle management and tone in an organization.
- How Princess Leia illustrates the need for mentors and mentorship in the compliance profession.
- Why were there so many creative changes at the top and how does that inform your compliance regime?
- Do you have to do it the same as you always have in the past?
- Tom gives the movie an overflowing special purchaser bucket of popcorn and special edition R2D2 super-sized Diet Coke. Jay gives the movie one bucket but takes it to a new level with a can of Red Bull thrown in to keep his up during this lengthy flick.