Richard Lummis and I are back and today for our final podcast of 2019 and the second decade of the 21st Century. Today, we provide a wrap up of 2019 podcasts, giving some of our favorites and new issues we learned about or perhaps reacquainted ourselves with from history. We then consider some of the topics we will explore in 2020.
Highlights of this podcast include:
- Leadership series based upon the book by Retired General Stanley McCrystal.
- How economic bubbles from the 18th and 19th century inform leadership, business and crowd psychology today.
- Leadership lessons from our fan favorite Oscar Best Pictures series.
- Presidential series from the post-Civil War Presidents up to TR, proving once again there are no new issues in American politics.
- Our tribute to author Phillip Kerr and his final Bernie Gunther novel Metropolis.
- A series on General MacArthur and President Truman, exploring their diverse leadership styles.
- The significance of the movie 12 O’clock High to this podcast.
- What are we looking forward to talking about in 2020?
Metropolis by Phillip Kerr
Leaders: Myths and Reality by General Stanley McCrystal, Jeff Eggers and Jason Magone