Richard Lummis and I are back and today for our initial podcast of 2020 and the second decade of the 21stCentury. Today, we take a look at leadership lessons from the rise and fall of Adam Neumann, the former CEO of WeWork.
Highlights of this podcast include:
- How did Neumann obtain the amplified shareholder rights and how did that contribute to his downfall?
- What was the role of Softbank in enabling Neumann?
- What is the role of a visionary after the vision is gone?
- How was Neumann enabled by the conflicts of interest?
- Where were the professional managers for WeWork?
- Why was the abortive IPO pulled and what does it demonstrate about leadership in a company seeking to go public?