Compliance into the Weeds is the only weekly podcast which takes a deep dive into a compliance related topic, literally going into the weeds to more fully explore a subject. In this episode Matt indulges me as we take a deep dive into the Houston Astros sign stealing scandal. We mine the episode for compliance and ethics lessons. It turns out there are quite a few.
Some of the highlights include:
- What was the role amnesty to the players played in both the speed of the MLB Report and its thoroughness?
- Does the MLB sanctions against Luhnow and Hinch send a clear (enough) signal?
- It was a technology innovation which led to the scandal. How does that inform a compliance professional?
- Houston’s culture was broken. How can it be fixed?
- Did the Mets and Red Sox both actually consider keeping Alex Cora and Carlos Beltran? If so why?
Tom’s five blog posts (to date) in the FCPA Compliance and Ethics Blog.
Part 1-The Scandal
Part 2-Luhnow and Hinch
Part 3-Compliance Lessons
Part 4-Ethics and The Truth of the Game
Part 5–the Whistleblower and Amnesty