Richard Lummis and I are back. Today, begin our annual review of Oscar winning Best Pictures and the leadership lessons drawn from them. Over the next four weeks we will consider the following movies: Casablanca, Rocky, The Greatest Show on Earth and Out of Africa. Today, we begin our series with one of the very all-time greats, Casablanca.
Highlights of this podcast include:
- What are our favorites scenes from the movie?
- What is the world view from Casablanca, including actions and behaviors, values and belief systems and stories of life?
- What are the leadership lessons from the nobility of Rick Blaine?
- What can you learn from one of the movie’s greatest lovers?
- What does compassion help in leadership?
- Do these lessons hold up today?
Roundup the Usual Suspects for Leadership Lessons