Compliance into the Weeds is the only weekly podcast which takes a deep dive into a compliance related topic, literally going into the weeds to more fully explore a subject. In this episode we take a deep dive into recent Hogan Lovell’s report High Seas: Steering the Course II Navigating bribery and corruption risk in 2020. We conclude with a special tribute to Bernie Ebbers and his role in creating the modern compliance professional.
Some of the highlights include:
- What do the survey results say about the direction of compliance function spending?
- Can companies manage risks in emerging markets when compliance spending is decelerating?
- Technology can improve compliance efficiency but it can also improve compliance evasion.
- Will CCOs be able to interpret data from ComTech tools?
- What are the implications for the compliance discipline and CCO?
Hogan Lovell’s report High Seas: Steering the Course II Navigating bribery and corruption risk in 2020, click here.
Matt Kelly blog post, Compliance Resources Getting Tighter