From Vaudeville to the Silver Screen to the Small Screen, the Marx Brothers made an impact wherever people found them. Now Tom Fox and Mike Volkov have wedded their love of the Marx Brothers with their passion for compliance and bring them into the boardroom to help explain and explore the sometimes-chaotic world of governance, risk-management, ethics and compliance. In this episode they begin a three-part series where they discuss the movie A Night at the Opera and how it informs the 2019 in Compliance, FCPA enforcement actions and Compliance into 2020 and beyond. In this episode we review the 2019 FCPA year in enforcement.
Highlights from the podcast include:
1. What were the key lessons learned from SEC enforcement actions in 2019?
2. What were the key lessons learned from DOJ enforcement actions in 2019?
3. Why was the Ericsson enforcement action such a stunning resolution?
4. What was the state of monitorships in 2019?
5. Why did ‘follow the money’ continue to be critical in 2019?
6. Did the Yates Memo achieve full expression in 2019?
Mike Volkov-FCPA Enforcement Highlights
The Statement Room Scene-YouTube