In the Episode, I visit with James Koukios, partner at Morrison & Foerster, Editor-in-Chief of the firm’s Top 10 International Anti-Corruption Developments. We visit about the firm’s Top 10 International Anti-Corruption Developments for November 2019.
Some of the highlights include:
- The Lambert guilty verdict. Can you have a guilty verdict for conspiracy without a conviction of the underlying offense?
- Revision to FCPA Corporate Enforcement Policy. What changed?
- Former CEO of Brazilian Chemical Company Indicted for FCPA and Money Laundering Offenses. Is this an outlier or will it become more prevalent?
- SEC Whistleblower numbers. What if anything do these numbers mean for Chairman Clayton’s attempts to cut back on the size of whistleblower awards?
- Miami Investment Firm Executive Pleads Guilty in $1.2 Billion Venezuelan Money Laundering Scheme.
To a copy of the Top 10 International Anti-Corruption Developments for November 2019 Newsletter click here.