In this episode of Life with GDPR, Jonathan Armstrong and Tom Fox are back to discuss the recent ICO announcement that it was extending the time for British Airways and Marriott to respond to its proposed fine and penalty.
Some of the highlights in this episode include:
- What makes the background of the case so complex?
- What did the ICO say and why did they extend the deadline for BA to respond?
- What are some of the possible reasons for the delay?
- What if anything does Brexit have to do with this?
- In view of Brexit, will the EU be watching the ICO in this matter?
- What might be the relationship between the ICO and EU on data privacy going forward?
- Background of British Airways (BA) enforcement action.