Compliance into the Weeds is the only weekly podcast which takes a deep dive into a compliance related topic, literally going into the weeds to more fully explore a subject. In this podcast Matt Kelly and Tom Fox take a deep dive into the recently released CDC Inspection Report for the Smithfield Foods’ South Dakota meat packing facility. Last week, the CDC published a report that recommended more than 100 remediation steps Smithfield should implement so it can reopen the plant as soon as possible. We explore them from the compliance perspective.
Some of the highlights include:
- What are the CDC services which led to the Report?
- Smithfield Foods was not designed to prevent the spread of infectious diseases. What must it do now?
- What are some of the key elements needed for a successful reopening?
- What is the role of the CCO in reopening?
- How can physical layout be a control?
- What are the potential legal liabilities to Smithfield Foods?
Matt Kelly blog post, Smithfield Foods and Covid-19 Controls