Where does creativity fit into compliance? In more places than you think. Problem-solving, accountability, communication, and connection – they all take creativity. Join Tom Fox and Ronnie Feldman on Creativity and Compliance, part of the Compliance Podcast Network to explore these issues. In today’s episode we are joined by Joel Katz the CCO at Booz Allen Hamilton. Katz was previously CCO at CA Technologies where he gained notoriety for the use of fictional characters in creative programming to promote employee engagement around compliance.
Some of the highlights include:
- The professional journey of Joel Katz.
- What was the Griffin Peabody character you created at CA Technologies?
- How fiction-based characters in compliance training drove the highest employee satisfaction reported in the CA Technologies employee survey.
- Although the characters were fictional, the stories were based on employees’ personal experiences. This helped drive engagement.
- All this became a part of a branded communication campaign for CA Technologies.
- What were some of the key lessons learned by Katz and his compliance team?
60-Second Communication & Awareness Shorts – A variety of short, customizable, quick-hitter “commercials” including songs & jingles, video shorts, newsletter graphics & Gifs, and more. Promote integrity, compliance, the Code, the helpline and the E&C team as helpful advisors and coaches.
Workplace Tonight Show! Micro-learning – a library of 1-10-minute trainings and communications wrapped in the style of a late-night variety show, that explains corporate risk topics and why employees should care.
Custom Live & Digital Programing – We’ll develop programming that fits your culture and balances the seriousness of the subject matter with a more engaging delivery.