Richard Lummis is on assignment this week as we are preparing a multi-part series on leadership lessons from the life and Presidency of Theodore Roosevelt. Today, I am hosting Paul Simkins, a long-time leadership and training expert. Simkins believes that we should move away from leadership training to leadership development. He has some unique ideas on how organizations can develop leaders.
Highlights of this podcast include:
- Why does Simkins say its “not leadership training but leadership development”?
- What is the difference in training and development?
- Why is employee engagement really about leadership?
- What are Ten Signs Your company should invest in leadership Development?
- Where can listeners go for more information on how to Boldly Lead?
- Boldly Lead website.
- Blog post 10 Signs You Should Invest in Leadership Development-Part 1
- Blog post 10 Signs You Should Invest in Leadership Development-Part 2