Compliance into the Weeds is the only weekly podcast which takes a deep dive into a compliance related topic, literally going into the weeds to more fully explore a subject. In this podcast Matt Kelly and Tom Fox take a deep dive into how business leaders can demonstrate values during times of difficulty, specifically when the CEO of Airbnb was required to layoff nearly 25% of the company’s workforce.
Some of the highlights include:
- How can tone at the top be so critical during the coronavirus health crisis and economic dislocation?
- Airbnb’s CEO Brian Chesky’s communication to employees.
- How does clarity and certainty in Brian Chesky’s letter help make the layoffs more palatable?
- Why are personal meetings so critical?
- Why is dignity to a RIF’d employee so critical?
- What can the compliance professional learn from this experience?
- How (and why) was the Weight Watchers massive layoff so different?
See Matt Kelly blog post Demonstrating Values During Difficulties on Radical Compliance.