In this special podcast series, I visit with lawyers from Azevedo Sette in Sao Paulo. The lawyers and topics include: Isabel Franco on a CarWash changed a culture, Lucas Bianchini on environmental regulation in Brazil, Glaucia Ferreira on the Clean Companies Act, Luiz Salles on recent Brazilian corruption enforcement actions and Ingrid Santos on the hottest topic in Brazil: Me Too and sexual/moral harassment. In this fifth and final episode, I visit with Lucas Bianchinni about the current state of environmental regulation, enforcement and compliance in Brazil.
- With the country’s size and scope in mind, what is the framework for environmental regulation in Brazil, in both criminal and civil?
- What are best practices in complying with Brazilian environmental regulations?
- Why everything starts with a risk assessment?
- What is the risk management process for environmental compliance?
- What should US or other non-Brazilian companies expect in the environmental regulatory process?
- Many of our listeners are aware of several very high-profile environmental disasters in Brazil. What are some of the lessons from these recent Brazilian cases?
This podcast is sponsored by the law firm of Azevdo Sette. To learn more about this firm, visit its website, for resources, expert guidance and support.