In this episode, I am joined by Ian McDougall, the General Counsel for LexisNexis. He is also the President of the LexisNexis Rule of Law Foundation. McDougall is also the Chair of the Global Marketing Committee, where responsible for Professional Association relationships and responsible for Global Rule of Law development. McDougall has a uniquely wide ranging and high-level experience in the delivery of legal advice to substantial corporations at board level (both as a board member and as adviser to the board). Finally, he has presented to and made speeches at the highest international levels; including the International Bar Association, the General Assembly of the United Nations Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty Organisation, and ministers from various governments internationally. In this podcast, you will learn how and why McDougall is so passionate about the Rule of Law.
Some of the highlights include:
- Why McDougall is so passionate about the Rule of Law.
- What are McDougall’s 4 principles for defining the Rule of Law?
- What is the difference of the Rule by Law and the Rule of Law?
- What are three reasons why McDougall believes the Rule of Law is even more crucial at this point in time?
- How does the Rule of Law lead the discussion around the areas of the profession of Law, Corporate Social Responsibility and Social Entrepreneurship?
Text of Ian McDougall speech on The Rule of Law to IBA Annual Conference Rule of Law Symposium – Rome 2018.