The DOJ/SEC drop the 2nd edition to the FCPA Resource Guide at 5 PM on July 2. As Tom and Jay brave the surge in covid cases to stay safe they are back to look at top compliance articles and stories which caught their eye this week.
- FCPA Resource Guide, 2nd edition released. Tom takes a deep dive in a 5-part blog post series on the FCPA Complinace and Ethics Blog. Part 1-The New Hallmark, Part 2-FCPA Corporate Enforcement Policy, Part 3– the Accounting Provisions, Part 4– Policy and Case Law Updates, Part 5-What does it all mean? Jonathan Marks on Borad and Fraud. Tom and Matt Kelly in Compliance into the Weeds.
- After its FCPA settlement, Novatris pays another $678MM for corruption inside the US. Mike Volkov in Corruption Crime and Compliance.
- A plan to restore trust in South Africa ABC enforcement. Larry Kirsch guest posts in GAB.
- A reassessment of due diligence in China? Jenny Liang opines in the FCPA Blog.
- Venezuela can’t get its gold out of England. Jon Rausch in Dipping Through Geometries.
- Amazon settles OFAC sanctions enforcement action. Mengqui Sun in the WSJ Risk and Compliance Journal.
- How can you make a risk management committee effective? Jim DeLoach shows the way in CCI.
- Is Deutsche Bank the world’s most corrupt? Matt Kelly digs in on Radical Compliance.
- Going from disaster recovery to business continuity? Carrie Penman in Ethics and Compliance Matters.
- On Compliance and Coronavirus, I was joined this week by Paul Mueller on how to reset, restart and accelerate your business in the era of Coronavirus; Ian Denis on employment and communication during Covid-19 and Breeda Miller on caregiving in the era of Covid-19.
- On the Compliance Podcast Network, Tom started the topic of 3rd party risk management this month.This week saw the following offerings: Monday-Questionniare; Tuesday-Due Diligence,Wednesday-levels of DD; Thursday-evaluating DD and clearing red flags; and Friday-compliance terms and conditions. The month of July is being sponsored by Affiliated Monitors. Note 31 Days to a More Effective Compliance Program now has its own iTunes channel. If you want to binge out and listen to only these episodes, click here.
- Great Upcoming Webinars:
Navigating the Risks of Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain in the COVID-19 Era, Jul 22, 2020 12:00 PM in Eastern Time (US and Canada); with Jesse Caplan, Deb Waugh and Amy Fogelman, M.D. Registration and Inforamtion here.
Computer Say ‘No’: Mitigating Legal & Ethical Risks in Public Agency Use of Automated Decision-Making Tools, Jul 28, 2020 12:00 PM in Eastern Time (US and Canada); with David Shonka, Mikhail Reider-Gordon and Jonathan Redgrave. Registration and Information here.
ECI’s Best Practice Forum, a Q&A Session with Brian Rabbitt, Acting Assistant Attorney General for the Criminal Division on the FCPA Resource Guide, 2nd edition, Thursday, July 30 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. EDT. Registration and Information here.