Welcome to the only roundtable podcast in compliance. Today, we have the full quintet of Jonathan Armstrong, Jay Rosen, Matt Kelly, Jonathan Marks and Mike Volkov for a potpourri of discussions and ending with a veritable mélange of rants and shouts outs.
- Jonathan Armstrong critiques the recent SFO conviction of two former Unaoil employees and the controversy the SFO and its Director, Lisa Osofsky now find themselves in regarding their conduct. Armstrong shouts out to the West Indies cricket team for traveling to the UK to play at Lord’s.
- Jay Rosen considers telemedicine in the time of Covid-19. What does it mean for the practice of medicine? What are the compliance issues involved? Jay rants about the Trump Administration targeting surveillance on journalist in Portland and across the country.
- Matt Kelly looks at two recent US domestic corruption cases; one in Illinois involving ComEd and one in Ohio involving the Speaker of the Ohio House of Representatives. Matt shouts out to Rebecca Jones the former Florida state employee who left the government to start her own public record of Covid-19 in Florida when the state quit reporting on it.
- Mike Volkov looks at two recent OFAC enforcement actions. One involved Amazon and defective tracing software. The second Essentra, doing business with North Korea and shell companies. He draws out the lessons learned from both cases. He shouts out to podcasters and the podcasting community for getting their messages out.
- Jonathan Marks considers parallels he has observed in the development of the compliance profession from those he lived through in the Internal Audit world after Enron and WorldCom. He shouts out to the IIA for beginning the discussion to reconfigure its 3 Lines of Defense but chides them for not going far enough.
- Tom Fox rants about those attacking fellow Buffalo Wing addicts.
The members of the Everything Compliance are:
- Jay Rosen– Jay is Vice President, Business Development Corporate Monitoring at Affiliated Monitors. Rosen can be reached at JRosen@affiliatedmonitors.com
- Mike Volkov – One of the top FCPA commentators and practitioners around and the Chief Executive Officer of The Volkov Law Group, LLC. Volkov can be reached at email@example.com
- Matt Kelly – Founder and CEO of Radical Compliance. Kelly can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jonathan Armstrong –is our UK colleague, who is an experienced data privacy/data protection lawyer with Cordery in London. Armstrong can be reached at email@example.com
- Jonathan Marks is Partner, Firm Practice Leader – Global Forensic, Compliance & Integrity Services at Baker Tilly. Marks can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
The host and producer (and sometime panelist) of Everything Compliance is Tom Fox the Compliance Evangelist. Everything Compliance is a part of the Compliance Podcast Network. He can be reached at email@example.com