The FCPA Compliance Report is the longest running podcast in compliance, premiering on July 31, 2015. This week begins a series of podcasts leading up to the 500th anniversary episode of the FCPA Compliance Report, which will post on Monday, August 31. Over the next five episodes, I will post podcasts of 5 top FCPA and compliance commentators. Over this week, I will be joined by Mike Volkov, Matt Kelly, Jonathan Armstrong, Jay Rosen and Jonathan Marks. Each will speak about the evolution of compliance from their own unique perspective. In this episode, I visit with Jay Rosen, Vice President of Business Development at Affiliated Monitors, Inc. We consider some of the top changes Rosen has observed in how companies have thought about compliance solutions.
Some of the highlights include:
- How Rosen moved from Hollywood the movies to Hollywood, the compliance field.
- How purchases of items like translation services moved to be seen as an ongoing service.
- The “Foreign” in Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- The move from reactive compliance to proactive compliance.
- How consumers of compliance products and services became more sophisticated over time.
- The changes brought by the Coronavirus health crisis for virtual everything.
I hope you will listen in to each episode over this week. The lineup will be:
Monday, August 24-Episode 495-Mike Volkov on changes in FCPA enforcement.
Tuesday, August 25- Episode 496-Matt Kelly in changes he has observed in compliance from the business journalist perspective.
Wednesday 26, August Episode 497-Jonathan Armstrong in changes in data protection/data privacy compliance.
Friday August 28-, August Episode 499-Joanthan Marks on changes compliance mirroring those from internal audit.
Monday, August Episode 500-the Anniversary Episode.