Compliance into the Weeds is the only weekly podcast which takes a deep dive into a compliance related topic, literally going into the weeds to more fully explore a subject. In this episode Matt and Tom go into the weeds to look at the recent FCPA enforcement action involving the US banking and finance entity Goldman Sachs. Some of the issues we consider are:
- One of the most bold, audacious bribery schemes ever.
- Complete total and utter failure of compliance? Or something worse?
- Blatant assistance in money-laundering.
- How watches the watchers?
- Has Goldman really done anything different?
- Largest FCPA fine ever.
See Matt’s blog posts on Radical Compliance– Goldman Sachs, FCPA and Internal Controls
See Tom’s exploration on the FCPA Compliance and Ethics Blog
Part 2-Control Failures
Part 3-Fines and Penalties