In our continuing series, I am joined by Mikhail Reider-Gordon, Managing Director of Institutional Ethics & Integrity at Affiliated Monitors. Mikhail’s areas of expertise include technology, privacy, cybersecurity, IP and accountability in artificial intelligence; the global anti-corruption and anti-money laundering regimes; media & entertainment; biotech and the life sciences; the public sector and international law. She is accustomed to working on extremely sensitive and high-profile matters, both nationally and internationally. In this episode, we explore the money laundering Wirecard engaged in via the project dubbed ‘Hermes’.
Some of the highlights include:
- Weekly news wrap-up on Wirecard.
- What has this done to the German political scene?
- Any talk about BaFin reforms?
- How do losses reach €20bn?
- How was the investigation “unrelated to the mandate”?
- Money laundering through Hermes.