Compliance into the Weeds is the only weekly podcast which takes a deep dive into a compliance related topic, literally going into the weeds to more fully explore a subject. In this episode Matt and Tom go into the weeds to look at the actions of Denver Mayor, Michael Hancock. Just before Thanksgiving he told folks to stay at home to avoid Covid-19 transmission and then promptly traveled to Mississippi for the Thanksgiving holidays. Some of the issues we consider are:
- Is there always an inherent conflict in a human leader?
- How do leaders rationalize misconduct?
- What are the dangers when they do so?
- Do as I say, not as I do. Are we all simply our parents?
- What is the role of compliance?
- How do Hancock’s actions fit into the Fraud Pentagon?
For more information see Matt’s blog post:
For more information on the Fraud Triangle see Jonathan Marks’ blog post: