Welcome to the only roundtable podcast in compliance. Today, we have the full quintet of Jonathan Armstrong, Jay Rosen, Jonathan Marks, Matt Kelly and Mike Volkov for a deep dive into plethora of topics in this special year end review edition. We end with a veritable mélange of rants and shouts outs.
- Jonathan Armstrong joins us from London to detail some of the most instructive GDPR cases decided in 2020. Armstrong shouts out to Father Christmas and reminds every one of the Covid-19 danger he faces this year and asked you leave out some hand sanitizer instead of cookies.
- Jay Rosen asks, ‘where have all the monitors gone’? Jay rants about how the phrase “take off your mask” has become a tool of sexual harassment.
- Matt Kelly considers three key events from 2020 and what they all mean for the compliance professional. The Pandemic, discrimination and social justice, and the election. Matt rants about the GOP members who refuse to accept the results of the election and Electoral College.
- Mike Volkov looks at FCPA enforcement in 2020 in general and the Goldman Sachs enforcement action specifically. Volkov shouts out to the 48 states Attorney Generals and the FTC for filing suit against Facebook and rants about former Goldman exec Gary Cohen not agreeing to the 1MDB clawback.
- Jonathan Marks looks at the increase of books and records enforcement action under the FCPA Accounting Provisions which can be the basis of a SEC violation where there the actions are neither foreign nor corrupt. In a very Philadelphia shout out/rant (at the same time), Marks delineates the Eagles benching of Carson Wentz.
- Tom Fox gives a bittersweet shout out David Prowse who recently died. Prowse was the first actor to play Darth Vader albeit voiced by James Earl Jones.
The members of the Everything Compliance are:
- Jay Rosen– Jay is Vice President, Business Development Corporate Monitoring at Affiliated Monitors. Rosen can be reached at JRosen@affiliatedmonitors.com
- Mike Volkov – One of the top FCPA commentators and practitioners around and the Chief Executive Officer of The Volkov Law Group, LLC. Volkov can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Matt Kelly – Founder and CEO of Radical Compliance. Kelly can be reached at email@example.com
- Jonathan Armstrong –is our UK colleague, who is an experienced data privacy/data protection lawyer with Cordery in London. Armstrong can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jonathan Marks is Partner, Firm Practice Leader – Global Forensic, Compliance & Integrity Services at Baker Tilly. Marks can be reached at email@example.com
The host and producer (and sometime panelist) of Everything Compliance is Tom Fox the Voice of Compliance. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Everything Compliance is a part of the Compliance Podcast Network.