The DOJ announces a new compliance initiative from the antitrust division. Tom and Jay consider it and some of this week’s top compliance and ethics stories which caught their collective eyes.
- What can companies learn from FIFA’s ongoing corruption scandals? Vera Cherepanova in Navex Global’s Ethics and Compliance Matters
- A close look at FCPA related securities litigation. Kevin Lacroix in his always excellent D&O Dairy.
- What is the new DOJ Antitrust Evaluation of Corporate Compliance Programs? Mike Volkov takes a deep dive in a two part series on Corruption Crime and Compliance. (Part 1and Part 2)
- How much does a steak and lobster dinner really cost you? Jonathan Rusch considers on Dipping Through Geometries.
- What does it take to be a great Board of Director? Henry Wolfe in CCI.
- How should you evaluate ESG factors in a business analysis? Todd Northman and Savannah Fox (no relation) explore in CCI.
- SEC says 7 years not enough time to evaluate whistleblower information to make an Dodd-Frank whistleblower award (or deny it). Kristin Broughton reports in the WSJ Risk and Compliance Journal.
- Another DPA in the UK. Another set of not guilty verdicts for individuals. Dylan Toklar explains in the WSJ Risk and Compliance Journal.
- Matt Kelly travels and considers All Things Compliance. First he blogs about it in Radical Compliance. Then he and Tom ponder it in a podcast on Compliance into the Weeds.
- Tom hosts Affilated Monitors in Houston! The AMI gang will be discussing the 2019 Guidance on Monday July 22, from 4:30 to 6 PM at Goode Company Seafood, 10211 Katy Freeway. Questions and RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. Best of all, there is no charge to attend.
- Join Jay and Tom as they are hosted by Convercent for part one of Convercent’s webinar series on the DOJ Guidance: From the Benczkowski Memo to the 2019 Guidance, on Thursday July 25that 12 noon EDT. Registration and information is here.
- Join Tom and AMI’s Jerry Coyne have a five-part podcast series next week on the use of monitors by State AGs.
Tom Fox is the Compliance Evangelist and can be reached at email@example.com. Jay Rosen is Mr. Monitor and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on how an independent monitor can help improve your company’s ethics and compliance program, visit our sponsor Affiliated Monitors at www.affiliatedmonitors.com.