This episode is dedicated to the chaotic (at best) first three weeks of the Trump administration.
- Jonathan Armstrong leads a discussion of the Trump administrations devolution towards Privacy Shield and what it may portend for American companies doing business in the UK and EU. He highlights the recent opening of a new trial in Ireland brought by Max Schrems and also discussed the putative Muslim refugee ban in the context of broader business implications.
For the Cordery Compliance client alert on Privacy Shield, see here
- Jay Rosen considers what companies the intersection of business and politics under the Trump administration, the Tech sector response to the Muslim refugee ban and the more general business response to the first few weeks of the Trump administation.
For Jay’s post see, Where Do Politics End and Ethics & Compliance Begin?
- Matt Kelly opens with a discussion of the management process practices of the Trump administration in issuing Executive Orders and lays down some markers around compliance and regulatory issues under the new administration.
For Matt Kelly’s posts see the following:
Compliance in the Trump Era: More Markers Placed
Five Questions for SEC Nominee Jay Clayton
Yes Government Ethics is Happening
Dodd-Frank Reform Starts Coming into View
For Tom Fox’s posts on these topics see the following:
The Trump Administration-Kaos is Bad for Business
The Trump Administration-Part II, Failures in Leadership and Management
The Trump Administration-Part III-Preparing for a Catastrophe
The Trump Administration-Part IV-the Business Response
The members of the Everything Compliance panel include:
- Jay Rosen (Mr. Translations) – Jay is Vice President of Legal & Corporate Language Solutions at United Language Group. Rosen can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mike Volkov – One of the top FCPA commentators and practitioners around and is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and owner of The Volkov Law Group, LLC. Volkov can be reached at email@example.com.
- Matt Kelly – Founder and CEO of Radical Compliance, is the former Editor of the noted Compliance Week Kelly can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jonathan Armstrong – Rounding out is our UK colleague, who is an experienced lawyer with Cordery in London. Armstrong can be reached at email@example.com